Monday, September 26, 2011

Stash It: Hayley's Birthday Book

This is the first installment of something I like to call Stash It!  If you are like me, you have a lot of scrapbooking supplies.  I have been scrappin' a while, and I hoard supplies.  I love paper, ribbon, buttons, brads, fabric, and the list goes on and on... So, I am making an effort to use some of the supplies that I have had for a while.

Each year I make a mini scrapbook for a young lady at church.  This time, I searched through my supplies for a kit to use.  I have two or three discontinued Colorbok kits for minis like the one here entitled Baby Boy:


For the birthday book, I used one entitled birthday (of course).  I altered, inked, and embellished it with items I already owned.



I pleated a pink streamer and formed a circle for the cover (cheap and cute)!  On top of the circle, I affixed the number 11 for her age.  Add some letter stickers, pearls, a flower, and voila!


I would also like to highlight a few of the pages.  I used various border punches on the ends of the pages and inked them.


I cut a doily and added it and some flowers for extra texture.


I included gems and string to create a set of balloons.


The balloons mimicked the background paper.


I folded the end of one page and secured it with brads to create a pocket to hold a monogram card embellished with ribbon and her name.


On the final page, I included more pleated pink streamer and another piece of the doily with rhinestones for cohesion.


My challenge to you: Dig through your stash and make something!

No comments:

Post a Comment