Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Be Mine Valentine Swap Party

I wanted to do something fun and new with my scrapbooking buddies.  SO, I decided to combine my love of party planning with my love of scrapbooking, and voila...the idea was born.  I am hosting an embellishment exchange party.  As an invitation, I decorated a tag and attached it to a gift bag.  The tag included instructions and suggestions for the swap:



 
Inside the bag, each participant received five small decorated jars in a particular color since there are five of us.  I chose red, white, pink, brown, and cream for Valentine's Day.  I decorated 25 jars, five of each color. 





We are each responsible for filling our jars with the specified color of embellishments.  For example, I got the five white jars in my bag.  I have to fill each jar with white embellishments.  My friend Susan received the five red jars and will fill them with red embellishments.  They can include buttons, brads, ribbon, lace, rhinestones, chipboard shapes, die cut shapes, etc.  It just has to FIT in the jar, and they are fairly small.  This helps cut the cost.  You can also cut and decorate your own shapes to put in the jars.  In a couple of weeks, I am going to host the party. We will swap jars so that each person gets one jar of each color.  I am decorating for the party in coordinating colors and putting together some paper sets as favors to go with the embellies.  Check back for photos of my completed jars, the party decorations and the party favors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment